Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Watch it, so should you! - Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List

Get out of my way, you A-List bores! My Prada shoes, are as good as yours! I work twice as hard to get half as far as you, cause there aint no ass to kiss, if you are living life on the D-List!

Hey Team Fancy! It is time for another episode of "I watch it, so should you!" So what I got for you this time is the amazing Emmy award winning reality series of Kathy Griffin: "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List"

The show has had 6 seasons on the network Bravo and every season of it has been nominated for an Emmy award. And by winning its first award it gave Kathy the possibility to stir up some shit during her acceptance speech. She said as followed:

"Now, a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. He didn't help me a bit. If it was up to him, Cesar Millan would be up here petting that damn dog! So all I can say is suck it, Jesus, this award is my god now!"

So you can think of the controversy she stirred up! Anyways yu have to watch this show. It is really funny and very real. Its not some scripted fake shit like the Kardashian series. So what I can say to you is that on this series we have had: endless gigs, endless shit gigs, activism for the LGBTIQA community, jokes, her caring for charity, her whoring for publicity, her marriage, her divorce, the death of her dad, her mom, writing her book, winning her Emmys, opening a library in Mexico, dating Steve Wozniak, being in papers, performing in Iraq, performing in a prison , performing in someones kitchen, being at Paula Deens, endless press campaigns, having a public papsmeare , putting together a show for her mum and endless other things. So if this does not do it for you, i cannot help you! Just watch it, goddammit!  ;) So to get you started i got part one, of episode one, of season one  here for you: 

No comments:

Post a Comment