Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Music Minute" - Miley Cyrus "We Cant Stop"

Okay I have to admit that I never ever had thought that I would be writing about Miley Cyrus on my blog. But it has come to the point that I have to freely admit that I really love what Miley has put on her feet. Her lead single "We Cant Stop", of the yet unnamed fourth studio album, has taken me by storm and since the music video has been released I am even more in love with it! 


Picture belongs to RCA Records.
That little Miley has all grown up and finally leaves the Disney girly girl behind herself is no new thing. But that shed make such a huge step with this one record. I would not have put my money on that! But hello! She did it! The song is mid tempo pop with some electronic vibe to it. But still it has that catchieness that you'd expect a pop song to have. The lyrics are also a bit revolting and everyone screams that there might be a cocaine reference in there. But i just have to say that I don't give a shit!

And like everywhere on the trash and celebrity pages they brag about the overly sexy tone, ad that it is inappropriate and everything. I mean this is some kind of bullshit, since I think it is just a song, and in my opinion it is just that they say it because once Miley Cyrus has been a Disney Star, and now, with "W Cant Stop", she finally has broken that pattern, and exactly that is what they do not like.

But go for yourselves and check out the video and the song. I just can say that I absolutely love and adore it. "We Cant Stop" or better said, I cant stop listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment